When was the last time you ate cake for breakfast? If you normally try to eat healthy, the answer is probably never. Well, thanks to our Red Velvet Smoothie Bowl, you can now have your cake and eat healthy too!
Ok, so it’s not exactly cake, but it tastes just like a creamy slice sans the red dye, sugar and calories. It’s also a thousand times easier to make than baking an actual cake and you can lick the bowl because it’s vegan.
This smoothie bowl is not only beautiful but it’s full of nutrient dense ingredients, a few of which you may not prefer to eat on their own, but you’d never even know they’re blended in here, like cauliflower and beets.
Just one serving of our Red Velvet Smoothie Bowl boosts your diet with:
- Cauliflower is very low in calories yet extremely high in vitamins, including 77% of the RDI of Vitamin C, 20% of the RDI of Vitamin K and 11% of the RDI of Vitamin B6. It’s also full of fiber and a great source of antioxidants.
- Beets also contain many important vitamins including folate, manganese, and potassium but they also contain pigments called betalains, which research shows may contain a number of anti-inflammatory properties. Beets are high in sugar, but luckily a small amount packs a nutritious punch.
- Raspberries are an antioxidant powerhouse containing 50% of the minimum daily target for vitamin C and a healthy dose of manganese, vitamin K, vitamin E, B vitamins, magnesium, copper, iron, and potassium. Plus they have less sugar than almost every other fruit and are full of fiber.
- Bananas are most touted to be full of potassium, and while they do have 9% of the daily RDI, they also contain 33% of the RDI of Vitamin B6, 14% of Manganese and 11% of Vitamin C. They are also rich in pectin, a type of fiber that can help moderate blood sugar.
- Cacao powder is full of naturally occurring antioxidants called Polyphenols that are packed with health benefits such as reduced inflammation, better circulation, improved cholesterol, and lower blood pressure.
If all those health benefits don’t get you excited, remember the aforementioned comparison to tasting like a slice of Red Velvet Cake. We’re sure you’re going to love it.
Share your smoothie pics on social and tag us at @lifesabundance #lifesabundance - we can’t wait to see your creations.
Serving size: 1
- 1 frozen banana
- ⅔ cup frozen cauliflower
- ⅓ cup frozen raspberries
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
- ⅓ cup frozen beets
- 2 tsp Life’s Abundance Plant Based Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1 tsp. Cacao powder
- ⅓ cup water
- Toppings of choice: We used chia seeds, bee pollen (leave off for vegan bowls), plain plant yogurt, cacao nibs, freeze dried raspberries, and sesame seeds.
- Blend ingredients from top to bottom and add your favorite toppings
If you found this interesting, check out these related stories:
World's Best Dairy Free Cheesecake
Sweet Potato Protein Bread Recipe