You’ve heard it 1,000 times, “Breakfast is the most important meal of the day,” yet you still struggle to find the time to eat it, let alone make it. Although there’s a whole niche market of grab-and-go breakfast items, most of them are full of ingredients you can’t pronounce, let alone would want to eat - not the way you want to start your day.
We’ve got the perfect solution. Say hello to our Banana Bread Protein Breakfast Cookies. These “cookies” not only taste great, but are full of healthy ingredients and pack a protein punch - thanks to our Life’s Abundance Vanilla Plant Protein.
Ingredients (Makes about 12 cookies):
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin coconut oil, melted, plus more for the pan
- 3 medium, ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1 scoop of Life’s Abundance Vanilla Plant Protein
- 3 cups gluten-free oats
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly grease a cookie sheet with oil and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flaxseed meal and 2 tablespoons of water. Let the mixture sit for 2 minutes to thicken.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the bananas, vanilla, oil, sugar, maple syrup, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and flaxseed meal-water mixture. Add the almond flour, protein powder, and oats. Stir until combined. Fold in the walnuts.
- Using a small ice cream scooper, scoop out the batter and put on the cookie sheet, until all the batter is used.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until the cookies feel firm and the tops have turned golden brown.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 5 days, or put in a container and store in the freezer for up to 2 months.
If you found this interesting, check out these related stories:
World's Best Dairy Free Cheesecake
Blueberry Protein Overnight Oats Recipe