Gingerbread cookies and peppermint bark might be the traditional holiday desserts, but what’s better than snacking without the guilt? These Holiday Health Bars are made with our Vanilla Plant Protein, so you can treat yourself freely!
Makes 12 bars
- 2 cups quick oats (regular or gluten free)
- 1/2 cup Life’s Abundance Vanilla Plant Protein
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup almond butter (or any nut butter)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup total of your favorite ingredients. We made two varieties: one with cocoa nibs and pumpkin seeds and one with mini white chocolate chips, cranberries, and chia seeds. This is where you can get creative and personalize this recipe as your own!
- Preheat the oven to 350F and prepare an 8x8 baking pan by lining with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, Life’s Abundance Vanilla Plant Protein, ground flax seed, cinnamon, and sea salt. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine almond butter, honey, almond milk, and vanilla. Mix until fully combined. Pour your wet mix into the dry mix and stir until fully incorporated. Fold in your ingredients of choice (cocoa nibs, chia seeds, etc…).
- Pour into a prepared baking pan. Using a spatula, spread the mixture evenly in the pan, pressing down firmly.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until edges begin to turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 20 minutes before cutting into bars.
- To make this recipe fun and festive, cut parchment paper and bakers twine and wrap each one like a little gift!