These protein-packed brownies have a cake-like texture and feature Life’s Abundance Chocolate Plant Protein for a healthy twist.
There’s something classic about brownies. That rich, fudgy texture, the chocolatey goodness - it's the epitome of indulgence. But what if we told you you could enjoy this timeless treat with a healthy kick?
Enter our Chocolate Protein Almond Butter Brownies! These aren’t your average brownies, but a delightful blend of cake-like decadence with a protein-packed punch. Almond butter adds a subtle nutty undertone, while our Chocolate Protein Powder gives you an extra edge, ensuring you're fueling your body while you enjoy this sweet treat.
Even if almond butter isn’t your nut of choice, this recipe’s flexibility allows you to replace it with any creamy nut or seed butter to suit your preference. Make it yours! So are you ready to bake the yummiest (and healthiest) brownies in town? Pull out your mixer and let’s do it.
Chocolate Protein Almond Butter Brownies Recipe
Makes 12 brownies
3 large eggs
4 Tbsp. melted unsalted butter or coconut oil
1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
1/2 cup cacao powder
1 oz. Life’s Abundance Chocolate Plant Protein (about 1 big scoop)
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. fine sea salt
3/4 cup smooth, runny almond butter
1 cup chocolate chips
Pro-tip: if you’re watching your sugar intake, go for 100% cacao chocolate chips or chop up a cacao bar. The pure, unsweetened goodness from cacao perfectly complements the sweetness of honey or maple syrup used in the batter.
Life’s Abundance Chocolate Plant Protein is 100% grain free and combines organic raw cacao with non-GMO coconut oil powder for the ultimate smoothness.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line an 8x8-inch baking dish with parchment paper or cooking spray.
- Add all the ingredients (except the chocolate chips) to a stand or handheld mixer with a whisk or paddle attachment and beat for one minute on low until combined. Then blend for two minutes on high until smooth. Remember, this is a thick batter.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips using a rubber spatula.
- Pour the batter into the parchment-lined pan, ensuring it’s spread evenly.
- Bake between 15-20 minutes, until the brownies have puffed up and a toothpick comes out with just a few crumbs sticking to it.
- Allow the brownies to cool to room temperature before cutting them into desired shapes and sizes.
- For enjoyment at a later date, store them in the freezer and let them sit on the counter for 30 minutes or overnight to defrost before devouring.
There's a satisfaction that comes from baking at home and combining simple ingredients to create something extraordinary. With these Chocolate Protein Almond Butter Brownies, you're not just indulging in your favorite dessert, you're also providing your body with a good-for-you treat.
Try these as a post-workout snack, a post-dinner delight, or just as a midday pick-me-up. Whenever you want to indulge, reach for this recipe and treat yourself to a treat that tastes fantastic and makes you feel fantastic. Happy baking!
If you found this interesting, check out these related stories:
Blueberry Protein Overnight Oats Recipe
4 Great Protein Substitutes for Meat