Your skin fully regenerates about every 28 days (and increases to 45-50 days as you get older). Skin cells are born in the bottom-most layer of the epidermis, and they continually mature until they reach the outermost layer, and end their lifespan where they’ll continually shed. And here’s a fun fact:
Dead skin cells play an important role in helping your skin retain moisture.
That’s why it’s important that you exfoliate regularly to preserve your skin’s natural function.
Supporting the skin’s natural exfoliation process
Your skin’s natural exfoliation process can be aided with the help of natural ingredients that work together with your skin. There are several ways to exfoliate skin gently to help slough away dead skin, encourage circulation and induce a radiant, even-toned complexion.
If you’ve ever seen the severe redness of someone’s skin after a chemical peel, it’s due the abrasive ingredients. Chemical peels use harsh enzymes or acids to break down dead skin cells while mechanical exfoliation is done by using products with small particles that help buff away dead skin cells. We suggest a facial exfoliator like our Hibiscus Mask & Scrub which gives you a natural glow with its combination of natural enzymes like raw honey that helps promote skin healing and provides gentle exfoliation. They work in tandem to reveal brighter, more even-toned and smooth skin.
All natural exfoliation
The Hibiscus Mask takes a two-pronged approach by using both chemical and manual exfoliation. This gives you a gentle-yet-effective cleanser that doubles as a mask and is safe for many different skin types. It combines natural enzymes of pumpkin pulp, sugar extract and hibiscus that work together to break down dead skin cells on the surface. Simultaneously, colloidal oat powder gently buffs away dead skin cells as you massage it into your skin. It’s a win-win for unclogging pores and revealing fresh, bright skin!
How to get the most out of our 2-in-1 Hibiscus Mask & Scrub
Whether you need a leave-on mask or exfoliating cleanser here’s our step-by-step guide.
As a mask:
- Always start with freshly cleansed skin.
- With skin slightly damp, apply a dime-sized amount of Hibiscus Mask and gently massage across your face and neck. Aim for a near-translucent layer of mask on skin - you don’t need a thick layer for this mask to work its magic.
- Leave this mask on for 10-15 minutes. To remove, apply a warm washcloth to skin and rinse with cool to warm water.
- Finish with your favorite facial moisturizer.
As a cleanser:
- Wearing makeup or sunscreen? Double cleanse. We recommend first washing skin with a foamy or creamy cleanser before using your scrub. Remove as much product from skin as possible before moving on to step two. Leave skin wet after rinsing.
- With skin damp, apply a dime-size amount of the scrub and begin gently massaging the product into skin in circular motions. Use light to medium pressure and massage for about 30 seconds. Rinse with cool to warm water.
- Apply your favorite facial moisturizer to seal the deal.
If you found this interesting, check out these related stories:
Why You Should Always Remove Your Makeup
This Ingredient Has Sweet Benefits For Your Skin