Pumpkin spice is in the air! Here we are in the beginning days of Fall and we are absolutely loving all things pumpkin. Especially our warm Pumpkin Protein Cookies made with our nutritious Chocolate Plant Protein.
These cookies make for a quick breakfast on the go for the whole family, or simply when you need to add a little sweetness to your day.
Servings: 8 large cookies
What you’ll need:
- Large cookie sheet
- Coconut oil to grease the baking sheet, if not using parchment paper
- 2 mixing bowls
- 1/2 cup of almond butter
- 1/2 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup raw honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 cups plain rolled oats
- 1 scoop of Life's Abundance Chocolate Plant Protein
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup almond flour or gluten-free flour of choice
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds (to sprinkle on top)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or grease with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, mix the almond butter, pumpkin puree, honey, vanilla, and egg.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the oats, Life’s Abundance Chocolate Plant Protein, baking soda, almond flour, chia seeds, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Combine the oat mixture into the almond butter mixture.
- Add the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Use an ice cream scoop, fill it halfway, and set cookies one to two inches apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Press them down slightly with the back of the scoop and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Keep them covered in the fridge, for up to 1 week.
If you found this interesting, check out these related stories:
Chocolate & Berry Protein Smoothie Bowl
Protein Packed Brownie Cookies