With a growing number of Americans concerned about identity theft and privacy issues, many are now using paper shredders to deal with mounting paperwork. Newer models are even equipped with enough mincing power to destroy CD’s.
Tragically, however, the addition of paper shredders to home offices has led to startling and grisly injuries inflicted on companion animals. In nearly all of the heartbreaking instances, curious dogs and cats stuck probing tongues into the openings, causing the slicing mechanism to activate. Unfortunately, it’s rare that these poor creatures survive the resulting injuries.
Thankfully, you have the power to prevent this from happening to your dog or cat and prioritize their safety.
Instead of leaving your shredder set on “automatic” - operating only when something is fed into it - simply switch the device to the “off” position. Or shut the door to the room where the device is located, denying your companion animal access to the room. Or, better yet, unplug the device while it’s not in use. Then, you’ll never have to worry about the position of the switch or the potential of horrible mutilations.
There you have it. Let's keep our furry friends safe!
If you found this interesting, check out these related stories:
Simple Tips to Detox Your Home
Fire Safety and Prevention for Families with Pets