Begin your day with a with a plant-based moisturizer that will make you feel good about what you’re putting on your skin.
Some of the most famous, powerful people swear and live by their routines. Even Oprah says she can’t start her day without her morning meditation and sweat session. Let’s see how she’s living her best life:
- 7am-9am: Wake up, wash, walk the dogs
- 9am-10am: Meditation, breakfast, exercise
- 10am-12pm: Work
- 12pm: Lunch with Stedman <3
- 1pm-5pm: Work
- 6pm-8pm: Dinner
- 9-10pm: Reading, tea
- 10pm: Bath, bed
Pretty simple, right? It’s amazing how much she accomplishes in one day with an easy schedule like this. But that’s just it - studies show building habits with easy, manageable steps are the key to stressing less and better overall health.
That’s because having a routine combats a range of everyday challenges like bad sleep habits, eating the wrong foods, and pushing off the gym for something else. With a routine, you have the stability and ability to enjoy more of life (even if you don’t have a Stedman of your own).
Where do you start with building a routine?
Mornings are a great place to start your daily routine.Try this one morning: at sunrise, after your alarm goes off, brush your teeth and add in a simple skincare routine. Now you're officially on your way to becoming the next Oprah - exact results not guaranteed…
All jokes aside, your brain reacts to your skincare routine similarly to when you indulge in a facial or massage. So with a skincare routine like this, you get more of those feel-good, mood-boosting endorphins first thing in the morning.
Studies show a simple morning routine can have several stress-busting benefits.
3 Steps to a Stress-Free Morning Skincare Routine
Your morning skincare routine should focus on prevention and protection for the day ahead. Most dermatologists agree there are three basic steps to an effective skincare routine*:
- To simplify your skincare, start with a gentle, yet effective, plant-based cleanser. Try a cream with natural antioxidants like pomegranate seed that are sure to leave your skin feeling nourished and soothed.
- Follow this up with a toner designed to further remove any debris or dirt from makeup, while keeping your natural hydration intact. Toners made with rose have been used for years because of their softening and plumping properties.
- Lastly, you should preserve and protect your skin with a fast-absorbing moisturizer. Look for plant-based products made with botanical extracts like aloe and hemp oil that help bind water to to your skin naturally.
*Stress-free morning routine tip: While you go through your morning routine, focus on taking five deep breaths. Inhale to the count of four and exhale to the count of six. This will help you focus on the day ahead.
There are other steps that can be added here, but these are the tried and true building blocks for healthy, glowing skin. The good news? It doesn’t have to be a 15-step process that takes over an hour…who has time for that? (Definitely not Oprah!) Some doctors even agree that too many products and steps can do more harm than good, leaving your skin irritated and overworked.
Take it One Step at a Time
Building a media empire doesn’t happen overnight - and neither does starting a new habit. It takes time to develop a new habit (66 days to be exact) - so have patience! A morning routine with fewer steps and a plant-based facial moisturizer will help you start your day off in the right mindset - ready to walk the path of success with cool, calm confidence.
If you found this interesting, check out these related stories:
Solve 10 Common Skincare Mistakes
8 Foods To Help You Sleep Better